Chair of Human Resource Management & Intercultural Leadership
Professor / Campus Director Berlin
Prof. Dr. Marion Festing
Tel. +49-30-320 07-153
Fax +49 30 320 07 189
2012 - today
Rector of the Berlin Campus of ESCP Europe
2009 - 2011
European Research Dean, ESCP Europe
Appointed Professor of Organization and Personnel, Heinrich-Heine-University Dusseldorf (She rejected)
2004 - 2012
Academic Director of the European Executive MBA program in Berlin, ESCP Europe
Appointed Professor of Human Resource Management, Justus-Liebig-University of Gießen (She rejected)
Habilitation at University of Paderborn (2-year scholarship from Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft DFG) and obtaining of the venia legendi for business administration. Subject of her thesis: "The Globalization Process. An Interdisciplinary Perspective."
2002 - today
Chair of Human Resources and Intercultural Management at ESCP Europe Berlin
PhD (Dissertation; Dr. rer. pol.). Subject of her dissertation: "International Strategic Human Resource Management . A transaction cost theory-based empirical analysis."
1990 - 2002
Research Associate / Assistant Lecturer at the Department of Human Resources, University of Paderborn, Chair of Professor Wolfgang Weber
1984 - 1990
Studies of Economics, University of Paderborn / École Supérieure de Commerce in Toulouse, France
Marion Festing is married and has two children.
- Studies in Toulouse / France
- Practical work experience in Taipei / Taiwan
- Research stay in the context of a DAAD scholarship with Prof. Peter J. Dowling at Monash University in Melbourne / Australia
- Lecturer in French at the University of Sfax / Tunisia
- Research stay within the DFG-Scholarship in the U.S. at Michigan State University
- Deepening of research contacts at the University of Wisconsin at Madison and Cornell University
- Editor of the "German Journal of Research in Human Research Management" (together with Christian Grund, Axel Haunschild, Michael Müller-Camen, Thomas Spengler, Renate Ortlieb, Christine Harbring, Jürgen Wegge)
- Former Associate Editor of the "International Journal of Human Resource Management"
- Member of the editorial board of the journals "Career Development International" and "The International Journal of Globalisation and Small Business"
- Editor of the Book Series "International Human Resources and Strategy Research" (Hampp Verlag together with Prof. Dr. Susanne Royer)
- German Ambassador to the HR Division of the Academy of Management
- Reviewer for the journals "Journal of International Business Studies", "Human Resource Management", "Management International Review", "European Management Journal"
- Advisory Board of the Conference of International Human Resource Management
- Advisory Board of the Executive Master of Human Resource Management , University of Munich.
- Organizer of the Sixth Conference on International Human Resource Management in Paderborn (together with W. Weber and R. Kabst), 1998; co- organizer of the Fifth Conference on International Human Resource Management, San Diego / USA, 1996, Co-Chair for International Track Human Resource Management of IFSAM 2006 (together with Hartmut Wächter and Peter J. Dowling); track Co-Chair for Human Resource Management of IFSAM 2012 (with Chris Brewster and Peter J. Dowling)
- Co-Chair of the EIASM workshops on International Management in Berlin, October 2013
- Co-Chair of the EIASM workshop on Talent Management in Berlin, October 2014
- European International Business Academy
- Academy of International Business
- Academy of Management
- German Academic Association for Business Research (VHB)
- European Group of Organisation Studies