Chair of Human Resource Management & Intercultural Leadership
Professor / Campus Director Berlin
Prof. Dr. Marion Festing
Tel +49-30-320 07-153
Fax +49-30-320 07-189
2002 - today
Chair of Human Resources and Intercultural Management at ESCP Europe Berlin
2012 - today
Rector of the Berlin Campus of ESCP Europe
2009 - 2011
European Research Dean, ESCP Europe
Appointed Professor of Organization and Personnel, Heinrich-Heine-University Dusseldorf (She rejected)
2004 - 2012
Academic Director of the European Executive MBA program in Berlin, ESCP Europe
Appointed Professor of Human Resource Management, Justus-Liebig-University of Gießen (She rejected)
Habilitation at University of Paderborn (2-year scholarship from Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft DFG) and obtaining of the venia legendi for business administration. Subject of her thesis: "The Globalization Process. An Interdisciplinary Perspective."
PhD (Dissertation; Dr. rer. pol.). Subject of her dissertation: "International Strategic Human Resource Management . A transaction cost theory-based empirical analysis."
1990 - 2002
Research Associate / Assistant Lecturer at the Department of Human Resources, University of Paderborn, Chair of Professor Wolfgang Weber
1984 - 1990
Studies of Economics, University of Paderborn / École Supérieure de Commerce in Toulouse, France
Marion Festing is married and has two children.
- Studies in Toulouse / France
- Practical work experience in Taipei / Taiwan
- Research stay in the context of a DAAD scholarship with Prof. Peter J. Dowling at Monash University in Melbourne / Australia
- Lecturer in French at the University of Sfax / Tunisia
- Research stay within the DFG-Scholarship in the U.S. at Michigan State University
- Deepening of research contacts at the University of Wisconsin at Madison and Cornell University
- Editor of the "German Journal of Research of Human Research Management" (together with Christian Grund, Michael Müller-Camen, Anne-Wil Harzing, Christine Harbring, Axel Haunschild, Renate Ortlieb, Tanja Rabl, Martin Schneider, Jürgen Wegge)
- Former Associate Editor of the "International Journal of Human Resource Management"
- Member of the editorial board of the journals "Career Development International" and "The International Journal of Globalisation and Small Business", Member of the Academic Advisory Board of the journal Zeitschrift für Diversitätsforschung und -management.
- Editor of the Book Series "International Human Resources and Strategy Research" (Hampp Verlag together with Prof. Dr. Susanne Royer)
- German Ambassador to the HR Division of the Academy of Management
- Reviewer for the journals "Journal of International Business Studies", "Human Resource Management", "Management International Review", "European Management Journal"
- Advisory Board of the Conference of International Human Resource Management
- Former member of the Advisory Board of the Executive Master of Human Resource Management , University of Munich.
- Organizer of the Sixth Conference on International Human Resource Management in Paderborn (together with W. Weber and R. Kabst), 1998; co- organizer of the Fifth Conference on International Human Resource Management, San Diego / USA, 1996, Co-Chair for International Track Human Resource Management of IFSAM 2006 (together with Hartmut Wächter and Peter J. Dowling); track Co-Chair for Human Resource Management of IFSAM 2012 (with Chris Brewster and Peter J. Dowling)
- Co-Chair of the EIASM workshops on International Management in Berlin, October 2013
- Co-Chair of the EIASM workshop on Talent Management in Berlin, October 2014
- European International Business Academy
- Academy of International Business
- Academy of Management
- German Academic Association for Business Research (VHB)
- European Group of Organisation Studies