Happiness & Management Research Centre
Despite the fact that happiness has been studied in many fields
(i.e., sociology, psychology, philosophy) since the early times, it is relatively new in the economic field. Especially, the pursuit of the happiness of employees, consumers or even students is a key aspect that needs further understanding.
In this context of economic recession which underlines the decrease in humanistic values, we believe that this research center underlines the key underlying values of ESCP Europe.
The ESCP Europe Research Center “Happiness & Management” is multi-cultural (15 researchers from Europe and US), multi-disciplinary (expertise in Human Resource Management, Marketing, Organizational Behavior) and multi-methods (both quantitative and quantitative).
We propose 3 inter-disciplinary research lines in order to address the following questions in the Management field:
- Project 1: What are the drivers of Happiness?
- Drivers of Consumer Happiness
- Drivers of Employee Happiness
- Project 2: How to measure Happiness and its consequences
- Happiness index for organizations and brands
- The relationships between Consumption and Happiness
- The relationships between Performance and Happiness
- Project 3: Under which situations Happiness increase or decrease?
- Social influence
- Cultural influence
- Individuals’ difference