Juliette Marik
Bachelor in Management (BSc)
visa enquiries
Tel: +44 (0)20 7443 8872

Patrick Sales
Master in Management visa enquiries
Tel: +44 (0)20 7443 8843

Download ESCP Europe's Guide to London 2017

London Campus


All students from outside the EEA are required to hold a valid student visa for the duration of their studies in the UK.

The UK Visas & Immigration office issue two types of student visa:

  • Short-Term Study Visa
  • Tier 4 General Student Visa

The Short-Term Study Visa is a six-month visa which will allow you to enter the UK for the purposes of study only. You will not be able to work or take on internships in the UK under this visa. This is the visa students on the MBA in International Management, MSc in Marketing & Creativity and MSc in Energy Management should apply for. Students who are studying the Master in Management at the London campus for one semester only should also apply for this visa.

The Tier 4
is a fully sponsored visa which is valid for the duration of your studies in the UK. This visa is only given to students on the Bachelor in Management (BSc) and Master in Management (full academic year track) programmes. Please note that the Tier 4 visa is not transferable. If you obtained a Tier 4 visa from another institution, you will not be able to use it to study at ESCP Europe.

To successfully obtain a Tier 4 visa, students must submit evidence of having passed an approved English language test, IELTS for UKVI.

Please note that you must take personal responsibility for managing your own unique situation.

Obtaining or renewing your visa

Whilst the ultimate responsibility for study visas remains with the student, we are always happy to help with any questions or issues you might have. For immediate practical advice, please consult your copy of the ESCP Europe Guide to London (handed out at registration). If you have lost this booklet, you may obtain a replacement at the Programme Office or download an electronic version here.

If you are still in need of advice, please visit the Programme Office at the London campus (open Monday to Friday).

Entering the UK

The UK Border Force have created two graphics to make new residents aware of restrictions at the border. Please take a look at the links below before travelling to London in order to make your immigration process smoother and quicker!

MMK & MEM students: Visas and resident permits for studying in Paris

For the MSc in Marketing and Creativity, students are required to stay in Paris from the end of August until the end of October. MSc in Energy Management students are required to stay in Paris from the beginning of April until the end of June.

It is the student's responsibility to obtain the most up-to-date information and to apply for the correct visa, as regulations may change from year to year, as well as with regards to the individual countries of origin. The School cannot take responsibility for an incorrect Visa application.

ESCP Europe will support non-EU students in their French Visa application to the extent of preparing letters to confirm a student’s status, enrolment and programme structure. All other steps are the student's responsibility. Non-EU students must bear in mind that - as a general rule - it is not possible to apply for the French visa earlier than three months before departure to France.

During the MMK's third term (May – June) and MEM's second term (January – March) - both taught in London - students are strongly advised to check with the French Consulate if they can apply for their French visa from the UK, both with regards to short- or long-stay. Please note that sometimes - but entirely at the discretion of the Consulate - this is a possibility. Otherwise, students may need to go back to their home country during the summer break to obtain a visa, and should be prepared for this possibility.

Once students have obtained this visa, they must apply for the French Resident Permit (Carte de Séjour), within two months of their arrival in France. The Student Affairs office at the Paris campus can help you with this formality once you are in Paris.

Useful contact information

UK Visas & Immigration
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Tel: 0300 123 2241