viernes 25 mayo 2012
« Start up Caravan » : on May 28th, 10 startups will be Caravanning from Paris to London
Connecting the European startup ecosystems to create a ground-breaking scene that can rival Silicon Valley - this is the ambitious idea that brought together groups of young entrepreneurs and digital professionals a few months ago. LeBridge, FrogValley, French Digital London and the Chair of Entrepreneurship ESCP Europe decided to set up the Caravan and to get it rolling. The first Startup Caravan brings 10 innovative startups from Paris to meet the London ecosystem. On the menu, a full day of discussions, discovery, networking and fun.
The Startup Caravan brings together a wide variety of Parisian startups involved in software, consumer communities, social platforms and much more.
The journey will start at 9.00 am with a welcome breakfast @ the Innovation Warehouse. The startups will then have the opportunity to meet London investors, such as Stefan Glaenzer, Accel, Index, ProFounders, and other startups such as Mixcould, Crashpadder and Hailo, and pitch to them. Three out the ten start-ups will then be selected and have the opportunity to pitch at the Digital Shoreditch Festival in the afternoon. The day will end with a celebration evening for the caravaners and special guests @ Campus London, the Silicon Roundabout's hot new space!
This day is all about networking and sharing experiences but also about dreaming big and having fun!
Startup Caravan looks beyond London and across the map of Europe! After a planned return edition, inviting London to Paris, other plans are ongoing for Amsterdam to Berlin, Paris to Madrid, and more.
This event is sponsored by Google and Eurostar, and supported by the Digital Londoners’ community (Springboard, Seedcamp, Airbnb, Campus London, Digital Shoreditch Festival, Innovation Warehouse, Blueokapi).
To learn more about the event and the caravaners, check out the website and follow us on twitter #startupcaravan.
MORE ABOUT THE CARAVANERS :
- La Ruche Qui Dit Oui. A platform for users to create consumer communities who can purchase agricultural products directly from the producers.
- Infinit. A software that allows access to all of your data across all of your devices, anywhere, anytime.
- Jimmy Fairly. An online optician which gives a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair sold on the site.
- Skimm! A disruptive, entirely software-based mobile payment system that enables its users to pay in participating stores, redeem promotional coupons and process user-to-user transactions.
- Neo-nomade. The first search engine for work spaces. The company provides a mobile app showing all the co-working space, wifi cafés, and business centres near your location that have been vetted by the community..
- Everfeel. An Emotion On Demand social platform for improv games that is paving the way for a new kind of entertainment.
- ForgetBox. A tool to send files (documents, pictures and video), really easily, with no limitations of size and without waiting.
- Chauffeur-privé. A mobile app that allows users to order a private car with a driver, straight from their smartphone.
- Moodstock. An API and SDKs to build magical image recognition apps.
- Social Folders. Syncs Your Facebook pics, Google Docs, and other online media with your desktop.
This event is co-organised by Le Bridge, French Digital London, Frog Valley, and ESCP Europe.
+33 (0)6 64 98 01 85
+44 (0)75 7008 8002
<- Volver a: News