En poursuivant votre navigation, vous acceptez le dépôt de cookies tiers destinés à vous proposer des vidéos, des boutons de partage, des remontées de contenus de plateformes sociales.


Student Services

Registration process

Following your admission, you must complete the registration process in order to finalise your inscription to ESCP Europe.

The registration process ensures that every student is well covered by a health and personal insurance. Your nationality, age and campus will determine which health and personal insurance you will need to subscribe to.

For further information, contact registration@escpeurope.eu


A visa is what allows you to enter the country in which you will be studying.
Following your admission to ESCP Europe, you will receive an official certificate of enrollment. This document will enable to begin your student visa process.

Residence Permits

After having obtained your visa, your residence permit is what allows you to stay in the country in which you will be studying.
You must apply for your residence permit immediately after your arrival to the country where you will be studying. ESCP Europe will assist you with the process.

Specific Formalities

Berlin, Germany

Visas and Residence Permits

If you are an international student (from outside the EU), you must apply for a student residence permit at the Ausländerbehörde if you fall under one of the below categories :

  • Your visa is not valid for the entire duration of your stay.

  • You entered the territory with a visa or residence permit from another EU Schengen state.

  • You entered the territory without a visa (citizens of Andorra, Australia, Brasil, Canada, El Salvador, Honduras, Israel, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand, San Marino, South Korea and the USA).

You must apply for a residence permit or visa extension within the 30 days following your arrival to Berlin. ESCP Europe will assist you with that process.

For futher information, contact smeyer-ouart@escpeurope.eu

London, England

Visas & Immigration

London is one of the most international and multicultural cities in the world, and choosing to study at ESCP Europe London can be a very exciting experience.
However, before you go any further, you must check whether you need a visa to come to the UK.
Immigration rules and policies are changing frequently, and it is important that you have the most up-to-date information to make a successful visa application to the UK. Students are strongly advised to check carefully the Home Office website and ESCP Europe London visa guides before they apply for a visa.

EU/EEA & Swiss Nationals

EU/EEA and Swiss nationals do not require a visa to study in the UK and can travel to the UK using their EU/EEA or Swiss passport. However, if you are an EU/EEA or Swiss national staying in the UK as a full-time student for longer than three months, you are required to obtain comprehensive sickness insurance.

EU/EEA and Swiss nationals have the right to work in the UK, so they will not need to apply for permission to work in the UK. Croatian nationals may require special permission to work in the UK and will need to apply for a registration certificate before they can work.

EU/EEA Students and Brexit

Following the UK referendum result to leave the EU, there are currently no changes to the status of EU/ EEA nationals coming to the UK. This means that EU and EEA nationals still have freedom of movement in the UK and are free to study and work. With its global and multicultural identity, ESCP Europe London will remain committed to embracing diversity and to welcoming students, staff and visitors from Europe and all over the world. Students can check the latest information on the status of EU and EEA citizens in the UK after the UK leaves the EU here.

Non-EU/EEA Nationals

If you are a non-EU/EEA national, you may require a visa to study in the UK. You can check whether or not you require a visa here. Non-EU/EEA students are allowed to apply for a visa no more than three months before the start date of the course. However, students should start preparing for the visa application and gathering the required documents at least four months in advance.

Non-EU/EEA students who come to study at ESCP Europe London normally come on either of two types of visas: Short Term Study Visa or Tier 4 (General) Student Visa.

Short-Term Study Visas

You must apply for the Short-Term Study Visa if the length of your course at ESCP Europe London Campus is six months or less and you do not plan to extend your stay or undertake any kind of employment or internship while in the UK.
As this visa does not permit students to work, students who wish to undertake an internship should take it at another ESCP Europe campus where work is permitted.

Students on the following programmes should apply for the Short Term Study visa:

Since the Master in Management programme allows students to spend a maximum of two semesters on the same campus, students on this programme are strongly advised to decide before they apply for a visa whether they intend to stay in the UK for one semester or two. If you intend to stay for two semesters, you must apply for the Tier 4 (General) Student visa. If you intend to stay for one semester, you must apply for a Short Term Study visa. Deciding in advance on the length of your stay in London will enable you to come on the correct visa and to avoid any complication in completing the internship and thesis.
In order to apply for a Short-Term visa, you will need a letter of acceptance from ESCP Europe London to support your visa application. This letter will be presented on official headed paper, stating your details, the course name, duration and cost. To request the letter, please complete this form and send it with all required supporting documents to visasupportlondon@escpeurope.eu.

What you CAN do on a Short Term Study visa:

  • You can study a short course for six months or less
  • You can take a re-sit examination.

What you CANNOT do on a Short Term visa

  • Study a full-time course for more than 6 months
  • Undertake an internship, work experience or work placement
  • Take any employment whether paid or unpaid
  • Bring family members
  • Extend your stay in the UK, or apply for other visas from within the UK
  • Switch to a Tier 4 visa in the UK
  • Study in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive periods as a short-term student

For full details, please download the ESCP Europe London Guide to Short Term Study Visa.

Tier 4 (General) Student Visa

You will need a Tier 4 (General) Student visa if you intend to study a full-time course at ESCP Europe London for more than six months. You must apply for the Tier 4 (General) Student visa if you intend to study the following programmes:

In order to be issued with a Tier 4 (General) Student Visa, students must meet the full requirements of the UK Immigration Rules and score 40 points in total as shown in the table below:

Points required to be
granted a Tier 4 (General)
Student Visa: 40 points

Providing a valid Confirmation
of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)
letter from your School.

30 points

Having enough money to cover
course fees and monthly living
costs (also known as maintenance
or funds).

10 points

The Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) Letter

The Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) letter is a very important electronic document similar to a database record. Each CAS has a unique reference number and contains information about you and the course of study for which it has been issued. You can use the CAS letter no more than three months before the start of your programme. The letter is only valid for six months, and it can be used only once. All students must understand the requirements to apply for the Tier 4 visa and must always apply from outside the UK.

ESCP Europe London will issue your CAS a maximum of three months before the start date of your programme. However, you must start preparing for your visa application and start gathering documents at least four months before you apply. Students can request the CAS letter by completing this form and sending it with all required supporting documents to visasupportlondon@escpeurope.eu. If you are coming to London and have confirmed your place, but you have not received the CAS letter, please contact us on the same email address.

Students can prepare before receiving the CAS by ensuring that they have the original documents, a secure English language test, such as UKVI IELTS, and have the required funds for the application. We advise students not to submit and pay for the online application until they have all the documents required.

Evidence of English Language Proficiency

All students who require a Tier 4 visa must demonstrate that they are proficient to level B2 on the Common European Framework of Reference for languages (CEFR) and that they have passed a Secure English Language Test (SELT) in reading, writing, listening and speaking as evidence.
Unless officially exempted, non-EU,EEA students must provide evidence of passing a secure English language test with their application to the Tier 4 (General) Student visa. The Academic IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) is the most common test for international students to demonstrate this. If you do not have UKVI IELTS, please arrange to book one as soon as possible. Please note that normal IELTS certificates are not accepted by the Home Office. You must have an IELTS for UKVI certificate in order to request a CAS letter and apply for the Tier 4 visa.

Maintenance Requirements

Before you apply for the Tier 4 (General) Student visa, you must understand how much money you should have in your bank account. You must show that you have all the money to cover the first year of your tuition fees plus £1,265 (or equivalent in another currency) for living expenses for each calendar month of the course. The required level of funds must be held in the account for a minimum of 28 consecutive days (finishing on the date of the closing balance) ending no more than 31 days before your application and no later than the date of the application. The amount should not drop below the required amount during that period even for one day, or your application will be refused.

The School reserves the right not to issue a CAS letter if it has reasons to believe that the visa application will be refused or will put its license at risk. This includes not having the required documents for the visa application, not having enough funds to meet the funds requirements or negative visa history. The School will only assign a new CAS following a visa refusal only if the School is satisfied that there is no risk of a second refusal.

For full details, please download the ESCP Europe London Guide to Tier 4 (General) Student Visa.

Tips for a Successful Visa Application

  • Make sure that you read carefully all information about the visa you need to apply for.
  • Do not leave it too late and start preparing for your application and gathering the required documents at least 4 months before the start date of your course.
  • Apply no more than 3 months before the start of your course.
  • Check that you have a valid passport for the full period of your study.
  • Book a secure English language test, such as the UKVI IELTS test, as early as possible. Centres are limited and you may not be able to find a booking in peak periods.
  • Check your CAS letter or letter of acceptance carefully as soon as you receive it from the School. It is your responsibility to let us know immediately if there are any errors.
  • Do not apply for the visa unless you meet all requirements and have all required documents. Otherwise your application will be rejected.
  • Always include original documents in your application, and keep copies of every original document you send with the application.
  • If you are applying for the Tier 4 (General) Student visa, make sure that you have enough funds in your bank account to cover the full course fees plus £1,265 (or equivalent in another currency) for each calendar month of the course. You must show that the 28-day rule is met very clearly in your visa application. The funds must be held in your bank account for a consecutive 28-day period ending no more than 31 days before the date of your application.
  • Never apply for your visa from inside the UK.
  • Always check the Home Office website for up-to-date information.


Entering the UK

The UK Border Force have created two graphics to make new residents aware of restrictions at the border. Please take a look at the links below before travelling to London in order to make your immigration process smoother and quicker!

UK Visas & Immigration
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Tel: 0300 123 2241

Madrid, Spain


All students from outside the EEA are required to hold a valid student visa for the duration of their studies in Spain.

We advise you to contact the Spanish Embassy or Consulate in your home country at least 3 to 4 months prior to your trip to Spain. They will help you with the process and give you detail information on the required paperwork. Look for the Embassy or Consulate in your country here.
Please note that you must take personal responsibility for managing your own unique situation.

European Union Citizens

For students of member states of the European Union: They only require to have a valid passport and / or identity card.

However, if the student wishes to remain or reside in Spain for a period that exceeds three months and / or work legally in Spain they must register in the Register of Citizens of the European Union of the Foreign Office.

NIE - Foreginer Identification Number
For all students: EU students and Non-EU students

What is a NIE?

  • The NIE card is an essential document for foreign students in Spain, required by the Ministry of Home Affairs. It allows you to legally stay in Spanish territory for a period exceeding three months. 
  • The NIE is required by many legal institutions, public or private organizations as well as government agencies for any kind of procedure records, official actions or economic or professional interest.
  • The N.I.E. is a tax number that identifies persons performing economic transactions in Spain and since 1990 every foreigner that arrives in Spain must obtain this number. 

Why do you need it?

  • Open a bank account
  • Pay taxes
  • Be paid for employment
  • Apply for a social security number

Even simple things like contract a telephone… so we strongly recommend you obtain one as soon as possible!
We recommend you visit the Citizen Service website for clarification on any matters (in Spanish).

Paris, France


There are three kinds of visas granted to students coming to France. Your personal profile will determine which visa you are eligible for.

  • Long Term Study Visa (or “visa de long séjour pour études”) - LVS TS :

    This visa is granted for a period of study that will last longer than six months. You may apply for a renewable one-year residence permit two months following your arrival to your new campus. In some cases, a temporary long term study visa can be issued. It is valid for three to six months and is non-renewable. You do not need to apply for a residence permit if you obtain this temporary long term study visa.

  • Short Term Study Visa (or “visa de court séjour pour études”) :

    This visa is granted for a period of studies lasting less than three months. It is nonrenewable and only allows you to stay for three months maximum without a residence permit.

  • Visa “Entry Exam” (or “étudiant-concours”) :

    This visa is granted to students who have taken an entry exam in a higher education institution. Once you pass the exam, you will be able to apply for a renewable one-year residence permit without returning to your home country.

Residence Permits

Once you have obtained your relevant visa, you must apply for your French Residence Permit (Carte de Séjour), within 2 months following your arrival to France. The Student Affairs Office on the Paris campus will help you with the OFII process once you are in Paris.

For further information, please contact studentaffairs@escpeurope.eu
Turin, Italy


If you are an international student (from outside the EU), you must apply for a student visa in the Italian consulate in your home country. In addition to your admission letter to ESCP Europe, you will be provided with a list of documents needed to process your visa. This list is unique to your nationality and course of studies.

Know More

Residence Permits

If you are an international student (from outside the EU), with a valid visa, you must apply for a student residence permit (Permesso di soggiorno per motivi di studio) within eight working days following your arrival to Italy.
This permit is issued by the local Police Departement (Questura Uffico Straniero).

For futher information, contact vtabacchi@escpeurope.eu

Financing Your Studies


ESCP Europe strives to attract the most elite students, regardless of their financial background. As such, the university offers a selection of financial need and merit-based scholarships. An average of 400 are awarded each year, representing a total of €1,500,000.

Paid Internships
Most students who have to do an internship get paid between €500 and €2000 per month. A work permit is not required since the internship is a compulsory part of the curriculum. International students are therefore allowed to work with their student residence permit. The internship is a substantial source of funding.

If you in the Master in Management and studying on the Paris campus, it is possible to acquire a one or two year apprenticeship. In order to apply, you must be over the age of 26 and fluent in French. If you are offered an apprenticeship, in addition to your salary, your company will also pay your tuition.

Campus jobs
There are a variety of on-campus jobs available to students. To find out more, contact your upcoming campus of study
Bank Loans

A variety of banks offer student loans at attractive rates, with a deferred pay back. ESCP Europe Paris in particular has partnerships with four banks.

To find out more, contact studentaffairs@escpeurope.eu

Are you looking for an accommodation ?

Use the school housing platform to:

  • Find a rental close to campus
  • Find a roommate
  • Find a sublet
  • Find a homestay

There are thousands of accommodations from private owners, halls of residence, and real estate agencies, available close to the school. Once you are admitted to ESCP Europe, use your ESCP Europe account to log into the platform.


The careers service
Focused on your career

The ESCP Europe Careers Service helps you to identify your professionnal objectives to ensure your career prospects. Located on each of the six ESCP Europe campuses, the Careers service provides you with the advice, data and tools to connect you to companies.

Through the combination of the Careers Service, the Alumni Association and job fairs, ESCP Europe receives 20,000 internship offers and 30,000 job opportunities each year.

Acquire new skills and attributes

Through the Careers Service, you will benefit from :

  • Career workshops and individual coaching to achieve your professional objectives
  • Company presentations, seminars, conferences, roundtables and interviews with recruiters
  • On-campus generalist and industry-specific job fairs on the different campuses attracting over 130 companies throughout the year
  • Bootcamps on Consulting, Banking, Tech and Marketing led by ESCP Europe Alumni on how to be recruited by the leading companies in these sectors
  • Personality and logic tests to : identify your strengths and motivations, aid your reflection on your career plan, train yourself using practical guides and tutorials, prepare yourself for interview.

Connecting Businesses & Students

Internship offers
20,000 / year
Job opportunities
30,000 / year
Companies on campus
130 / year
Active alumni

What we do ?

Our Corporate Relations and Careers Service staff:

  • Assist students in identifying their career goals
  • Inform and advise students as to career opportunities
  • Post employment opportunities offered by companies on the ESCP Europe Intranet
  • Organise special events (e.g. recruitment fairs) to foster the relationship between students and businesses

Blue Factory

Blue Factory - ESCP EuropeBlue Factory ESCP Europe is guiding entrepreneurs students and graduates from the idea to the international development of their project. Discover our 3 programs Start, Seed and Scale that are made for every step of your creation.


Careers in finance

Our Careers Service team has specific tools for careers in finance such as filmed interviews and partnerships with reputable recruitment agencies in the City of London and its main financial institutions.

Linking Talent European Career Accelerator

Build careers that matter

Linking talent European Career Accelerator helps student to succeed in their career and extends the coporate network. As a platform for job and career information, it agregates together students, compagnies and alumni.


Linking Talent - European Career Accelarator is the ESP Europe entity which create value by connecting stakeholders :

  • Students
  • Compagnies and institutions
  • Young graduates and Alumni
  • Professors and colleagues

European Career Team

The European Career Team consists of career experts, who have knowledge of local labour market and country specifics. They provide students with directed, relevant and targeted advice on specific industries and countries.