Master in Management
A life-changing option for any career-focused student.
A world-class academic qualification
In today’s fast-changing business environment, there are increasing demands for business leaders who are international, digital, and effective. The Master in Management is designed to develop the skills needed to analyse complex strategic and operational management issues within a global context.
This two-year, full-time general management Master programme provides the opportunity to study in up to four countries, with options ranging from ESCP Europe's own six European campuses to our more than 100 partners worldwide.
Placed 5th worldwide in the 2018 Financial Times Master in Management rankings
Practical experience is an essential asset
Master in Management graduates leave with a minimum of 40 weeks of professional experience. This ensures that you leave the programme with the invaluable intercultural practical experience top recruiters are looking for.
In addition to the study-internship structure, we also offer the possibility of following an apprenticeship study track, allowing for systematic structured periods at the School whilst also working in a firm for an extended learning experience.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of state-of-the-art techniques in management and the business world.
- Build and enhance your career plans through specialised course options and in-company experience.
- Strengthen your ability to live and work in a highly multicultural and international environment.
- Broaden your horizon by studying alongside students from a vast range of backgrounds.
- Get practical experience and create your own network through case studies, field projects and internships.
- Prepare to take on major responsibilities in tomorrow's economic environment by developing a European identity with a global perspective on today's economy.
Degrees from ESCP Europe campus countries
The integrated programme curriculum offers the possibility to obtain up to four national degrees in ESCP Europe campus countries.
- German Master of Science
- UK European MSc in Management
- Spanish Master Dirección de Empresas
- French Master Grande Ecole*
- Italian Laurea Magistrale (for pre-master students from the Turin campus only)
- Polish Master of Science
*All students receive the French degree recognised by the French Ministry . Specific conditions apply in order to obtain further national degrees upon graduation.
Degrees from Partner Universities
Students who wish to obtain a double degree from one of our global partner universities usually spend their second Master year abroad. Business degrees obtained from partner universities (link to international partner page) range from general management programmes (MSc in Management, MBA etc) to specialised degrees (International Labor Relations, Master in Finance, etc).
Degrees in additional disciplines (Engineering, Law, Mathematics, etc) are also available from the following partners:
- École Centrale de Paris, École Normale Supérieure Lyon, ENSAE Malakoff, Politecnico di Torino, Prép’ENA Paris 1-ENS ULM, Université Paris-Ouest Nanterre La Défense, Université Paris-Sud Sceaux, Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne Paris
Of the 900 graduates in our most recent class...
- 44% earned a dual degree
- 24% earned a triple degree.
 ESCP Europe declares that the diploma obtained on completion of the Master in Management is recognized in France by the French Ministry of Education and Research (B.O. nº3 - 24 July 2014).
Nadine ULRICH (Germany)
Head of the Department for Construction, Energy and Environment
German Chamber of Commerce, Shanghai
Class of 2007
"I followed the Master in Management Programme on the Paris, London and Berlin campuses. Initially, I wanted a double degree between Germany and France, but when I found out there was such a thing as a triple degree, I went for it. So as I had to move from one country to another, I had to find an internship in every country to validate the double degrees everywhere.
I had a gap year before my last year at ESCP Europe, which I spent in Beijing working at the German Centre. After my final semester in Berlin, I went back to Beijing right away to start my career."
- Ranked 5th worldwide by the Financial Times
- A two-year, full-time general management programme
- Designed for students with Bachelor degrees (or equivalent) in any field of study
- One-year pre-master option for students without a Bachelor degree in preparation for the Master programme
- Five seminars, including Start@Europe which is held at the European Parliament
- An integrated intercultural programme curriculum taught across the six ESCP Europe campuses:
- The opportunity to study in a minimum of two, and a maximum of four different countries
- 120 partner universities worldwide, more than 20 of which offer double-degree options
- An entrance into a high-level professional career
- At least two integrated internships
- The option of gap years or apprenticeships
- Excellent employment rates, with 61% of the most recent graduating class employed before even completing their studies
- Supported by ESCP Europe's extensive Alumni Association network (50,000 members and counting) and close ties with the business world
Chen CHU (China)
Biotherm Marketing Development
Class of 2016
"Why did I choose the ESCP Europe Master in Management? There are not only European students and Chinese students here, but there are also students from many countries around the world. Another factor for me is that the ESCP Europe campuses are in the downtown areas of the five cities, which means that I can take advantage of the environment and culture as well."
Christian Charles NKANA (Cameroon)
Financial Services Consultant, EY
and Founder, Pedagogia Yaounde
Class of 2015
"ESCP Europe was for me the unique opportunity to learn in an international context and a changing world. Having learned the theory, then putting it into practice with the Entrepreneurship chair’s “Startup Checkup”, I was well-equipped to start a career in finance consulting. I also created Pedagogia, a startup that provides guidance counseling to students in Central Africa."
Master in Management
The Master in Management programme consists of four semesters with a total of 120 ECTS credits. These semesters can be completed at our European campuses (Berlin, London, Madrid, Paris, Turin and Warsaw) or at one of our over 100 partner universities worldwide.
In order to help you achieve your career aspirations, ESCP Europe have created a flexible study track. This allows you to structure the programme over two to four years, with the possibility of taking gap years.
Gain extended working experience in addition to the compulsory professional internships.
You can decide to take a gap year before your final study year in order to gain in-depth professional experience. These additional work placements can take place in multiple companies anywhere in the world. This often helps to fine-tune career objectives and to decide which specialisation and electives you wish to pursue in your final year.
If you take this option, the Master in Management can take up to four years to complete (with a minimum of two years of studies and a maximum of two gap years).
Innovative teaching – based on case studies, lectures, group projects and instruction by executives from ESCP Europe’s corporate partners - ensures the link between in-class theory and the reality of the business world.
First Year: Core Courses
- Corporate Finance
- Economics II
- European Business Law and Taxation
- Financial Reporting IFRS
- Human Resource Management
- International Marketing Decisions
- Management Control
- Operations Management
- Organisation and Management
Prerequisite “Catch-up” courses
To bring non-management students up to speed, we offer the following “Catch-up” courses that start before the fall term, and continue on during the first semester of studies.
- Management accounting
- Information tools and skills (Excel)
- Business law
- Organisational behavior
Second Year: Specialisations & Electives
During the second master year, you choose one or two mandatory specialisations. You can choose too any electives. You benefit from the possibility of building a personalised academic track. You can create an educational management foundation and career enhancing experience.
Important: different courses are available at each campus and are taught in a specific language, so this can shape the decision of study locations (see “Which location is right for you”).
- Finance, Accounting and Management Control [DE]
- International Business 1 [DE]
- International Business 2 [DE]
- International Sales Management [ENG]
- Option E Entrepreneurship: Technology and digital economy [ENG]
- Sustainability [DE]
- Business consulting [ENG]
- Creativity marketing management [ENG]
- Option E Entrepreneurship, intrapreneurship and innovation [ENG]
- Business Project Management 1 [ENG]
- Business Project Management 2 [ENG]
- Marketing and digital strategy [ENG]
- Communication and new media [ENG]
- Marketing and digital communication [ENG]
- Option E Entrepreneurship [ENG]
- Consulting dynamics and practices [ENG]
- Droit et finance [FR]
- Economie [FR]
- Finance - one semester [ENG]
- Finance - two semesters [FR]
- Finance d'entreprise [FR]
- Finance de marché [FR]
- Go to market [ENG] NEW
- HR Leadership and talent management [ENG]
- Option E Entrepreneuriat [FR]
- Information financière et audit (IFA) [FR]
- Innovation [FR]
- International business development [ENG]
- Internet of things [ENG]
- Management Control [ENG]
- Management des industries culturelles et médiatiques [FR]
- Marketing manager [ENG]
- Performance management systems [ENG]
- Public management [ENG]
- Re-think: Alternative models of organisations and management [ENG]
- Research in management [ENG]
- Stratégie et conseil [FR]
- Finance and Accounting [ENG]
- Strategic Management [ENG]
We offer a portfolio of more than 140 elective modules in 15- and 30-hour formats.
Some examples of the many electives available:
- Breaking the Code of True Leadership: I. Getz
- Corporate Social Responsibility & Sustainable Strategies: A. Acquier
- Design Thinking in Management and Entrepreneurship: J. Fendt
- Emerging Markets Finance: P. Bunkanwanicha
- Foundations of Indian Business Culture: A. Kanniganti & N. Prime
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship: From Project to Business Plan: G. Graef
- International Business and Human Rights: D. Chekroun
- International Human Resource Management: M. Muratbekova-Touron
- Investment Banking & Financial Engineering: M. Troege
- New Public Management and Sector Performance: P. Zarlowski
- Performance Management: F. Giraud
- Social Media and Viral Marketing: A. Kaplan
- The European Model: The European Integration Process - Unity & Diversity: O. Delbard
Julian WÄCHTER (Germany)
Class of 2017
"The Option E Entrepreneurship in Madrid allowed me to focus on working out my startup idea, together with a group of highly motivated students. My experience in the MiM gave me the confidence to know that I can develop business everywhere in Europe: although only 3 months old, we have already landed clients in Spain, France and Germany."
All students will participate in five thematic seminars. These are key elements in the Master in Management programme, with all current students coming together to benefit from the internationality of both the courses and their fellow participants.
To immerse our students in the School’s European dimension, all first-year Master in Management students experience a three-day seminar at the European Parliament. During this seminar, students attend conferences given by experts on the issues surrounding the economic, institutional and cultural aspects of European policymaking. The students also take part in a negotiation role-play to increase their insight.
- You can take a look at more photos on the ESCP Europe Flickr page.
This hands-on, 3-day seminar allows students to experience a computer-based business simulation that allows them to develop, implement and manage international business strategies of a simulated company.
Kick-start your career
Studies are only as good as the opportunities they open up. This is why ESCP Europe has created a seminar dedicated to professional development. Lectures and workshops address key topics such as professional project development, personal branding, creating dynamic CV and cover letters, interview training and networking.
Required for the Master in Management degree, students learn the essential stages of writing a thesis.
Living in a transformational world
The final seminar in the 2-year Master in Management programme gives students the opportunity to compete against each other to develop innovative sustainable solutions to real challenges put forth by social entrepreneurs across Europe.
Jérôme FEYS (France)
Founder and CEO, Vescape GmbH
Class of 2008
"ESCP Europe allowed me the wonderful opportunity to study in Berlin where I decided to stay and create my own company. All the courses I took, the case studies I had to work on and the conferences I attended at ESCP Europe gave me a breadth of knowledge that is now second nature, but without which I would feel lost in the business world. To have an understanding of all business aspects like marketing, strategy, finance and law is essential for creating your own company.
I have recently had the honour of being named Director of the Berlin campus' Blue Factory, the ESCP Europe incubator which helps entrepreneurs to start their own companies in Germany."
Students can experience varied managerial disciplines through multiple internships and/or through the apprenticeship track, before coming back to ESCP Europe to deepen their knowledge base or amend their career plan by specialising in different departments. Throughout the MIM, students progressively shape and define their career goals and achievements so as to be focused when entering the job market.
10 months of internships, which may be carried out anywere in the world, are an integral part of the Master in Management experience.More
Study seamlessly around the world.
ESCP Europe is one School with six campuses and over 100 international partners with whom you can opt to study. This distinctive model embodies the heart of our European identity. ESCP Europe contributes actively to the development of a European management culture and allows the School to offer a unique type of cross-cultural business education.
Raphaël COULHON (France)
Deputy Treasurer, La République en Marche
Class of 2015
"Students from French preparatory classes, like me, begin their studies in Paris or Turin before leaving to study on the other European campuses of the School. But starting from the first year, you already feel elsewhere: 24% of European students (excluding France) and 31% from other continents (China, Africa, India ...). It made me discover new ways of thinking. You really learn to live and work with people from different cultures."
Which location is right for you?
ESCP Europe offers a multitude of possibilities on where to do your studies during the two-year Master programme. Students can study in up to four different locations either on our own European campuses (during M1 or M2) or at one of our international partner institutions around the world (during M2).
Study location rotation policy
- You must study at a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4 different locations
- You may spend a maximum of 2 semesters on one campus or location
- In M2, exchanges with partner institutions have a duration of 1 semester. To obtain a double degree, the duration is 2 semesters (entire M2)
Master in Management
Identify your professional objectives to ensure your career prospects
Gain the Edge that Employers are looking for Masters in Management graduates are armed with a strong business foundation that transforms their resume into a marketable and diversified set of experiences. MiM graduates have the earning potential and gain access to international careers. Located on each of the six ESCP Europe campuses, the Careers Service provides you with the advice, data and tools to connect you to companies.
Each Master in Management student graduates with at least 10 months of professional experience - a real advantage for entering the job market.
2017 Master in Management First Job Survey
found a job within 3 months of graduation
work outside of their home country
€51,830 average annual starting salary
Finance, Banking, Insurance
Finance, Banking, Insurance
37% Consulting, 19% Finance, 14% Marketing, 7% C-Suite, 9% Sales, 4% Audit.
The top countries/regions of employment of our graduates…
- 58% France
- 10% United Kingdom
- 10% Germany
- 7% Asia Pacific
- 5% Europe
- 4% Italy
- 4% Americas
- 2% Africa/Middle East
… and their top recruiters.
Accenture – Accor – Airbus – Amazon – Apple – AT Kearney – AXA – Axel Springer – Bain & Company – Banco Santander – BearingPoint – Bertelsmann – Bloomberg – BMW – BNP Paribas – Bombardier – BCG – CHANEL – Coca-Cola – Commerzbank – Deloitte – E.ON – Eaton Corporation – EY – Ferrero – General Electric – Google – HSBC – Johnson & Johnson – Kellogg's – KPMG – L'Oréal – Lavazza – Lazard – Luxottica – LVMH – McKinsey & Company – Michelin – Microsoft – Mondelēz – Natixis – Nestlé – Nomura – Novartis – Oracle – Pfizer – PwC – Procter &Gamble – Renault – Roland Berger – Royal Bank of Scotland – SAP – Société Générale – Sony – Telefónica – Thales – Total – Uber – Ubisoft – UBS – Unilever – Vodafone
Federico LEVIS (Italy)
Budgeting and Planning
Class of 2015
"ESCP Europe gave me the opportunity to study abroad and earn degrees in Italy, England and France. I learned to get along well with people from many different countries, which helped me land my current position at Allianz, a global insurance group."
When the experience makes the difference
ESCP Europe puts everything in place to enrich your competency portfolio. With the help of the Career services team and your alumnus/a mentor, you lay the groundwork for your career track. Internships or apprenticeships play a key role in your professional development.
Work placements in the form of internships or short employment contracts enable students to apply the theory learned in-class to real-life professional situations, helping in turn to clarify their career goals. As such, work placements are an integral part of the Master in Management programme and the hands-on learning experience.
All students are required to undertake a minimum of 2 work placements taking place in 2 different countries lasting at least 3 months each. Students with previous work experience (completed before joining the programme) can validate up to 16 weeks toward the total required. On average, MIM students gain 64 weeks (16 months) of work experience before graduation.
Students have access to an extensive number of partner firms (e.g. consulting firms, major international corporations, investment and commercial banks) via each campus' careers service, which they can contact to secure internships or first jobs.
Work placement objectives
- Gain valuable intercultural experience within a company in any country worldwide
- Put theoretical management methods and techniques into practice in a real-life corporate environment
- Reflect on the experience gained, the management methodology used and more globally, the human dimension of the organisations
- Clarify your career goals
Valentina RICCIARDO (Italy)
Product Manager Hair Care Portfolio France Benelux
Proctor and Gamble
Class of 2016
"I chose to specialise in strategy and consulting, where I had the chance to meet brilliant and inspiring people and learn how to solve complex problems. After a summer internship, I was offered a full-time job at P&G where I now manage 3 products. The analytical thinking and cross functional knowledge gained at ESCP Europe helps me to take strategic decisions for future of the brands."
The ideal way to combine study and professional experience 110 student apprentices each year 1000 – 2500 € per month salary range 14, 18 or 24 month options The apprenticeship track combines in-company work experience with academic coursework at ESCP Europe. Apprenticeships are available for all students aged under 26 (when they start to work) from the European Union. Employment must be in a company governed under French law; accordingly the students must have a sound knowledge in French.
Why choose the Apprenticeship Track?
- You work in a company and become deeply involved in day-to-day business.
- You exercise day-to-day responsibilities under the guidance of a senior manager, with the support of a tutor.
- You benefit from fee exemption and a monthly salary by your company over the full period of the contract.
Déborah HADJEJ (France)
Programme acquisition consultant (apprentice)
Class of 2016
"Having the possibility in the second master year to combine the “Management of Culture and media industries” specialisation with professional experience at one of the biggest European audiovisual companies was an incredible opportunity. It gave me the profile companies in the sector look for to be offered a management position upon graduation. It’s an experience that I highly recommend: it’s an enriching challenge that gives you great time management skills."
Master in Management
Who should apply?
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in any field of study*
- English fluency (level B2 advanced)
- Internationally-minded students with proven academic excellence
What is considered a plus:
- Previous work experience
- Additional languages
- International experience
The Pre-Master Year
If you have completed a French Classe Préparatoire or at least two years of university education (120 ECTS), you may apply to join the Pre-Master year.
You need to know:
- You may submit an application in the same year you complete your Bachelor degree, pre-graduation.
- You can only apply through one admission centre and submit only one application per year. It is also forbidden to apply through more than one admission route (i.e. you cannot apply through both the European Master Admission Test and the SAI admissions).
- We recommend candidates not to be older than 30 during the application year
Previous studies in France
The Concours d’admission directe (25 seats)
This admission route is exclusively for students with a French university degree. Candidates from all education fields are encouraged to apply. You must hold a "Licence" degree or higher (maîtrise, IEP, Master, engineer). The admission process is conducted entirely in French.
|Concours d’admission directe|
|Step 1 - Online application (To come*)
Access the application
|Step 2 - For selected candidates|
*Please note that applications are only open for one month between January and March.
Previous studies outside France
- Admission route 1: the International Direct Admissions
to apply directly and exclusively to ESCP Europe*
- Admission route 2: “Join a School in France”(SAI)
to apply to a consortium of five of the best business schools with campuses in France
*Special note for Chinese nationals: due to a specific visa procedure (related to Campus France), candidates from China may only apply through the SAI path.
This admission route is valid if you wish to apply directly and exclusively to ESCP Europe. You must hold a Bachelor degree awarded in a university outside of France after at least three years of university study, with a maximum of 1 year in France.
|International Direct Admissions|
|Step 1 - Online application (Sep 2018 - Apr 2019)|
* In the event that submission of one of these tests is not possible,
|Step 2 - For selected candidates|
“Join a School in France” is an admissions centre for five different international business schools with campuses in France.
In order to apply, you must hold a Bachelor degree awarded outside France after at least three years of university study, with a maximum of 1 year in France. The initial application stage is a general acceptance process, after which the individual schools choose whether to offer places to applicants based on the admission results.
- There are more than 60 SAI centres worldwide. For full details and to apply, please visit the “Join a School in France” website.
|“Join a School in France”(SAI)|
|Step 1 - Online application (Jul 2018 - Apr 2019)
access the SAI website
|Step 2 - For selected candidates|
Admissions processes for candidates with specific backgrounds
Sportif de haut niveau or Engineering Schools partner with ESCP Europe
Sportif de haut niveau
For detailed information, please contact the Admission Team.
Students in an engineering school partner with ESCP Europe
(Centrale Paris, Supélec, ENSAE, ESTP and Politecnico di Torino)
For detailed information, please contact you home institution.
Master in Management
Fees & Financials
The fees for those entering the two-year programme in September 2019 are set at:
- €16,300 for EU citizens per year
- €20,700 for non-EU citizens per year
A supplement of €1,100 to €2,050 will be due for those students required to take the catch-up semester of prerequisite courses (students without the required previous management studies). Fees are subject to modification without notice.
Evaluate the total costs of your studies
Please take into account the cost of living on the different campuses. Costs will vary depending upon type of accommodation and lifestyle.
Financing your programme
A programme such as the Master in Management is perhaps the most significant investment that you will make in your professional life and your future. Below are some suggestions on how to fund your time at ESCP Europe.
ESCP Europe strives to attract the best students, regardless of their financial background. As such, the School offers a selection of financial need and merit-based scholarships. Around 400 are awarded each year, representing a total of €1,500,000.
At the end of the first year of the Master in Management (from May onwards), students will have the possibility of beginning paid internships.
To graduate, students must have completed a minimum of 40 weeks of internships. However, many students choose to carry out longer internships than this required minimum, often taking sandwich years to get a longer professional experience and help finance tuition fees. While the salary offered is quite variable, most students get paid €400 to €1,900 per month during their internships.
It is possible to acquire a one or two-year apprenticeship during the Master in Management programme if you are studying at the Paris campus. (Please note, students must be fluent in French and no older than 26 in order to take this option.) Students participating in this programme variation pay no fees during this period and additionally receive a salary from the respective company they work for.
There are very often jobs available on-campus (e.g. administrative, events, etc). These are paid by the hour. To find out more, contact your upcoming campus of study.
Gaining a place in the ESCP Europe Master in Management programme represents a guarantee of an appreciative level of income upon graduation. Consult your banker for information on a personal loan. Many banks offer student loans at attractive rates, with deferred pay back. Recent ESCP Europe students have received interest rates as low as 1%.