The event is named after one of the School’s founders, who also coined the term ‘entrepreneur’.
Taking place at five of the School’s six European campuses, this year’s London campus event happened on 22nd November.
More than 100 attendees had the chance to explore new enterprises at a simulation trade fair. Each project was the result of 12 weeks of work by teams of the Master in Management students who selected the Creativity Entrepreneuship & Intrapreneurship elective.
The Entrepreneurship elective is led by Davide Sola, Professor of Strategy and Management at ESCP Europe.
The fair was followed by a pitching competition, during which each team had just five minutes to sell their venture to a packed audience and a jury panel of successful entrepreneurs and academics. Sitting on the panel were:
- Sabrina Stocker - CEO & Owner at MyTennisEvents; Candidate, BBC One’s The Apprentice 2018
- Christopher Varin - Startup advisor and investor
- Helen Breen - Head of Air UK & IE at eDreams ODIGEO
- Benjamin Voyer - L’Oréal Professor of Creativity Marketing, ESCP Europe
- Andrea Gaudenzi - Chief Revenue Officer Musixmatch
- Michael Jacobsen - Executive Chairman at European Leisure Management
- Kamran Razmdoost - Associate Professor of Marketing, ESCP Europe
While the results of the pitching competition were validated by JET ESCP Europe, a junior enterprise student society at the School, we welcomed Sabrina Stocker as the event’s keynote speaker. Sabrina shared her path to a successful start-up, offering advice to the students on how to take their ventures to the next level.
Three teams were awarded prizes:
- Panel Prize: Campus Link
Corrado Ariano, Alessandro Marchini, Joseph Pfister, Charlotte Prinz, Edoardo Villa
- Student Prize: BabyLend
Maria Chiara Imparato, Viviana Mozzillo de Bartolomeis, Benedetta Marano, Giulio di Nocera, Giacomo Bianchini
- External Guest Prize: Eureka – allergy-friendly cakes
Alice Berton, Arthur David, Thomas Racaud, Emmanuelle Rebeix, Margaux Boissy
Congratulations to all the winners, and to everyone who took part in this event. Our jury members were exceptionally impressed by the creativity and business savvy on display, and the work displayed bodes well for a new generation of ESCP Europe entrepreneurs!
ESCP Europe’s Master in Management is currently placed 5th worldwide by the Financial Times. Find out more: escpeurope.eu/mim